If you've never hired a consultant,
Coaching and Co-Writing
Your Stand-Up Comedy Act
Business Keynote Speech
you may wish to begin with my most frequently asked question,
"Why do I need coaching?" (60 K graphics)
Then, return to this page.
Consulting with the coach--procedures:
I am available
at all stages of your stand-up comedy or serious keynote speech development:
- to help you address specific needs of your individual act/talk.
- To move at an accelerated pace, begin:
- send me what
you now have
of your act/speeches in script form and/or on tape, CD, DVD, etc.
is perfectly ok if you are yet to perform and have yet to create a script
or get taped. I work with clients who are just starting out as well as
folks who have been doing stand-up comedy or business presentations for
a number of weeks, months or years.)
- order all of
my Home Study Program materials, or at least begin with some of my smaller,
stand-alone audio tape/workbook packages.
My materials will give you a national and international perspective for
setting your career goals in a step-by-step achievable process.
- make an appointment.
available in person; through sending me your audio or video tapes, CDs,
DVDs, scripts, etc.; we can also communicate via telephone, email,
web video conferencing, letter and/or FAX:
- Speech and joke writing
- Researching public domain jokes that fit your speech topic
- How to develop new material
without making radical changes in your current comedy act
or business speeches
- Editing your
core comedy act or speeches
- Matching jokes to your character
- Directing the acting part of your performance
- The three "acts" that
encompass your stand-up comedy or speaking career:
- The act itself (your performance)
- The act to defend your act
- The act to sell your act
- How to get hired and demand top price
I require 48 hours
cancellation notice, or bill you for time reserved. Commit to a fixed appointment
time-frame that both begins and ends at the agreed upon time.
video or audio or scripts of your act/talk:
the phone or over Internet video conferencing from your home computer, I can
give you notes after I review your materials.
Or, bring your materials with you
for in-person office appointments.
Consulting fee: $200/hour (all fees are to be paid in United States Dollars).
More than one person attending = an additional $100/hour per additional person; i.e., two people would be $300/hour, etc.
For various discount packages,
please scroll to
of this web page.
To secure appointment dates, please:
two weeks in advance, paying at least
anticipated balance. Balance due by first appointment.
- send me a check,
- or charge to your credit card by emailing me your authorization for the appropriate amount
(be sure to include relevant card information)
- I also can take payments via PayPal.com made
to my email addressed: jim@JimRichardson.com
Fees include hours billed for your pre-approved, advanced reviewing of your tapes
or scripts, if any, plus hours worked at each appointment.
Tape review fees:
To review audio or video tapes before your appointment:
- I charge three
times the running time of the tapes to give me time to stop-and-start
the tapes as I take notes.
- So, if your tapes are a total of one and a half (1 1/2) hours long, you would be charged for four and a half (4 1/2) hours = $900, etc.
- Please enclose an estimate of each tape's length.
I hope we will
be working together soon.
You will be in good hands!
Coaching Schedules: Overview
me longer as I am getting to know you and your ideas. Therefore, even
if your first tape(s) total under one hour running time, I must still
charge you the same as if the total were a full hour long:
Additional tapes critiqued:
- $600 for
3 hours reviewing your comedy & speech technique = 3 hours
- $1,200 for 2 office or phone appointments, 3 hours each = 6 hours
- Total: 9 hours = $1,800.00
- Length of tapes
x 3 = __ hours at $200/hour = $___ fee
- Plus, office, phone
and Internet video conferencing appointment hours as mutually agreed.
- Other writing/coaching/consulting:
Time (as mutually agreed):
___ hours at $200/hour= $___ fee
A Program for Every Budget,
A Budget for Everyone's Program
- Best Approach: send
five minutes to one hour of you on video tape, even if you repeat material
between performances or interview shows. I will be critiquing your performance consistency as well as the writing. Include any scripts.
After receipt of your payment, my normal "First Tape critiqued" coaching
- I email or call
you to set up a mutually convenient schedule.
Total initial coaching package: 9 hours x $200/hour = $1,800
- I spend three hours
reviewing: your video tapes, scripts, etc., prior to
your first appointment. Then, you call me at an agreed upon time for
your first phone or Internet video conferencing appointment,
or take an in-person appointment.
- First appointment, three hours: going over techniques needing immediate improvement and reinforcing where you are already effective.
- Second appointment, three hours: working on specific sections of your presentation to move you from seat-of-your-pants decisions to rapid improvement via informed choices
- This long distance approach is great for getting your script and performance as tight as possible before in-person coaching.
- Fine tuning your blocking and stage business is best done in person, but can also be done by viewing your video tapes.
- Shotgun: I
can shoot-from-the-hip, watching your tape and making comments as you listen
on the phone.
- Advantage: cost-effective
I don't have time to reflect so less valuable re.: marketing you
nationally and internationally
- Script Marking: mail,
FAX or e-mail me scripts typed double-spaced.
- I mark and send
back to you at $50/page.
this great for catching writing errors before you memorize the
for blocks of coaching/writing hours: paid for in advance (assumes
my hours working on both writing and coaching will be completed within
- 50 hours: 10% discount ($9,000)
- 100 hours: 20% discount ($16,000)
- 150 or more hours: 33.33%
discount--plus, any of these "Deluxe
Packages" listed below also include my world famous Home Study
Program ($1,000 value):
- 150 hours ($20,000)
- 200 hours ($26,666)
- 300 hours ($40,000)
- $200/hour for any additional hours
If you have any
questions about my fees and what time(s) I will be available for a one-on-one
appointment(s) with you
when I am in Philadelphia,
please email at jim@JimRichardson.com
to set up a mutually convenient time to chat briefly over the phone and/or by
Internet video conferencing.
Page last updated: Thursday,
January, 2013, 2:50 pm PST.
- I look forward to receiving your tape(s) and script(s).
- And/or attending your live comedy act, speeches, etc.
Copyright © 1997-2013